Board of Directors
CONNECT for Mental Health is a not-for-profit peer support organization run by and for individuals who have been affected by mental illness. CONNECT has been providing peer support since 2007.
CONNECT currently offers six programs that require oversight and direction. Responsibilities will include: program management; resource acquisition; and program evaluation. Recommending program goals and policies; framing decisions in context of CONNECT’s mission and strategic vision. Bringing the board timely information on program’s status; leveraging external connections to support the organization. As a director, you will oversee a committee which includes: the coordinators; group facilitator(s), volunteers, and members. You will work with the committee to achieve program goals.
Who can be a director?
A director must meet all of the following qualifications:
- be at least 18 years old;
- not have been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country;
- be an individual (i.e., a corporation cannot be a director); and
- not be in bankrupt status.
Requirements for Board Members
- An individual with personal lived experience of mental illness
- Knowledge about mental illness and mental health
- Health/Business related post-secondary education (or enrolled in)
- *Education, experience. and skills related to the position you are applying for*
- Knowledge and belief in recovery
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Great group management skills
- Great ability to problem solve